Our Statement of Faith
Libertas Scholars is a Christian homeschool program based on a Biblical worldview. Our community days begin with Bible study and prayer in which families are encouraged to attend. Understanding Biblical teachings and applying them to classical literature and historical events while developing the logic and reasoning to ask meaningful questions provides Scholars with tools that will serve them well beyond the classroom.
This statement of faith describes our “Mere Christian” belief. It is intended to serve as a common core of affirmations we operate under at Libertas Scholars.
• We believe that there is one God existent in the three persons of the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
• We believe that man was made in God’s image, both male and female, and that all of His creation was good.
• We believe that man fell in sin thus separating us from intimacy with the Creator, but man was rescued and redeemed by Christ’s atonement for sin when He died on the cross and rose again. We are restored in relationship with God by believing in Him and declaring our faith in Him.
• We believe the Bible is the Word of God, the authority for the faith which we practice.
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, his virgin birth, his sinless life, his miracles, his victorious and atoning death through His shed blood, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in his glorious return a second time to restore all creation to God.
• We believe salvation is a gift of God, by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
• We believe that faith without works is dead.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and affirm the universal creeds and catechisms common to all who follow the Christian Faith. (examples: The Apostle’s Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Westminster Catechism, and Luther’s Catechism.)
• We believe that eternity in heaven awaits those who put their trust and faith in Jesus Christ.
Click on this icon to download the
Libertas Scholars Statement of Faith.